LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are compact, solid-state light sources that offer significantly longer operating lifetimes than most other lamps, including halogen, and offer consistent beam patterns without variation. LED lamps are also vibration-resistant, turn on instantly, provide directional light output, and perform well in cold temperatures.
By using less power to emit the same amount of light as a halogen or incandescent lamp, low-voltage LEDs help you to save money and energy. The lower voltage of LED lights also inhibits system voltage drop, so your lighting designs can utilize thinner cables in more simplified layouts.
LED lights are more efficient than both incandescent and halogen
- Halogen lamps generally operate at 12-15 lumens per watt efficacy (lpw) whereas Illumicare’s LED lamps produce more than 40 lpw.
- A 6W MR16 LED lamp produces equivalent light to a 20W halogen lamp while consuming less than 1/3 of the power.
- With an average daily run time of 6 hours, 10 LEDs would save .84 KW/h per day, or 307 KW/hr per year, equally approximately $37 per year (based on a national average of $.12/KWhr).
Overall, by replacing halogen lights with LED lamps, you reduce your CO2 output by 70kg per year.
LED lamps have a longer life
LED lamps have an L70 rating of 40,000 hours – 8 to 10 times longer than a halogen lamp.
- At 6 hours per night run time, LED lamps last approximately18.25 years.
- With a rated lifespan of 4-5000 hrs, halogen lamps last only 2.5 years.
LEDs are shaping the future of outdoor light
Illumicare’s LED Advantage
For better reliability and even longer life, Illumicare has removed the fully-stepped IC driver present in most leading manufacturer’s lamps, therefore, eliminating the most troublesome component in an LED driver circuit.
Lower Junction Temperature
The number one enemy of LED lamps is heat. LED chips are highly sensitive to temperature. As the driver temperature increases, the life of the lamp and the overall output of light is reduced.
- Our lamps operate between 35-40°C, which is more than 40% below the rated maximum operating temperature.
Completely Encapsulated Driver
- Aids in moisture resistance
- Aids in heat dissipation
- Aids in stability of base pins
Improved color temperature & beam spread options
Our IC chips are carefully selected to ensure the most accurate color temperature, giving you the ability to:
- Choose from 4 different color temperatures, 2700K (incandescent light), 3000K (halogen light), 4000K (moonlight) and 5500K (daylight).
- Ensure design consistency with color ranges of only 100-150K, instead of the leading manufacturer’s range of 600K.
- Reproduce colors more accurately with Illumicare’s guarantee of up to 85 CRI in each of our lamps.
- Enjoy flexibility of design with 2 different beam spreads (15° and 45°) in the 2700K, 4000K and 5500K color temperatures, and 3 beam spreads (15°, 30° and 45°) in the 3000K CCT range.
We’ve eliminated the challenge of finding a reliable, bright LED with acceptable color temperature, that won’t fail prematurely.